What Makes Parquet Flooring So Desirable?
Wood is not only a beautiful but also natural material. It is a renewable resource with an individual character capable of creating a warm and cosy atmosphere in addition to the fact that it’s long-lasting and easy to maintain.
Compared to other types of flooring parquets themselves have a lot to offer. Parquetry has been used for centuries by nobility and royalty alike and doesn’t seem to be going out of fashion anytime soon. Much like the wood from which it is made, a fine parquet will last for many years as long as you clean it regularly (but not with abrasive cleaners). Parquet blocks also can be found in a variety of patterns and designs which only makes them more unique and sought after. Maybe this is part of the reason they add so much value to a property because homes with parquets are easier to sell.
As you can see parquets are something of worth and deserve proper treatment. This is especially true for reclaimed parquet floors because finding the right blocks to replace lost or damaged pieces can be really hard. In addition to our sanding services, though, Surrey Floor Sanders specialises in providing the proper matches for your reclaimed parquet and we are extremely good at this.
Why Sand Your Parquet Floor?
Like most wooden floors, parquetry is vulnerable to scratching and high levels of moisture. Sharp objects, high heels, pet nails or heavy traffic, in general, can scratch your parquetry. If the protective coating of your parquet is penetrated, high humidity levels can cause additional harm. Sunlight can also become a problem because long exposure can lead to fading and discolouration.
Many things can damage the surface of a parquet floor and its health must be taken seriously. Fine parquetry needs professional care. As long as the finish is still firmly protecting the wood below, you may even get away just by polishing, but keep in mind that sanding will not only leave your floor better protected - It will also remove any visible signs of damage on it.
Hire The Pros
There is one topic that can cause enormous confusion among clients. People are often advised to check just what kind of equipment their hired professionals are using and what kind of techniques since it makes a huge difference in the way your parquet looks.
We employ belt sanders in their restoration projects simply because it’s the only option if you want to do a quality job. When you use a belt sander on herringbone parquet you sand diagonally because that way this powerful piece of equipment won’t strip too much of the surface and damage the grain.
Some companies use a much older machine called a drum sander. It is outdated, leaves a lot of dust and the quality of the final result is severely lacking. However, the only way to do a somewhat acceptable job with a drum sander is by sanding straight and across.
Our sanding services are the best solution for any parquet issues you may have. We are professional, experienced and dedicated. We offer quality services at affordable prices. We are your best bet when it comes to floor renovation in Surrey!
Years of Experience and a Great Portfolio of Wood Floor Services
We are sanding specialists, but in some cases, you may need some additional help, including repairs of floors in poor condition and we can also offer you that. We highly believe our services are not only one straightaway process but the full care package in order to achieve the desired outcome. What you can expect in addition to our parquet floor sanding service is:
- Gap filling – A service, dedicated to filling non-structural gaps with high quality resin fillers and leaving the surface uniform and smooth.
- Repairs and restoration - We will give you our honest recommendation for repair services if there are deep dents and scratches, penetrating through the top layer, also loose or broken blocks. We can replace them and find the perfect match.
- Wood floorboards replacement – for broken spots and blocks, which can fit no more due to moisture effect and so. Our spot repair service is better than replacing the whole floor.
- Wood floor refinishing – The perfect finishing touch after sanding because wood’s pores are open and the products will adhere better and achieve flawless and even coverage and durable protection.
- Wood floor staining – Enhancing the natural beauty of the wood species’ colour or adding a new and exciting shade to your favourite wooden floor and achieving a more contemporary look.
Products Used for Our Parquet Floor Sanding and Refinishing Projects
Parquet floor sanding is perceived as a serious challenge by many experts in the industry. Indeed, being able to restore the condition of the floorboards without affecting the concept of the pattern and its integrity is not the easiest thing in the world and requires a lot of experience, knowledge, mastership. Sanding a parquet floor straightforward as you can do with other types of wood flooring is impossible because it means you are sanding against the grain and damaging the floorboards. Therefore, make sure that your parquet floor sanding project is left in the reliable hands of reputable experts like the ones in our team. Along with utilizing contemporary and innovative methods and equipment, we also rely on premium quality products for refinishing the parquet floor. Following are a few examples of the best products we will use for your project and for achieving really flawless results.
- Bona Mega – a waterborne, polyurethane finish designed for both domestic and commercial use. Available in extra-matte, matte, satin, and gloss.
- Bona Traffic HD – a two-component polyurethane finish designed for commercial use for high-traffic and heavy use areas. Available in extra-matte, matte, and satin.
- Bona Classic Primer – a primer for light wood colouration. Suitable to all types of wood and wood flooring.
- Bona Prime Amberseal – a waterborne primer for intense and rich colouration of the wood.
- Bona Prime Deep – an oil-based primer for enriching the natural grain and pattern of the wood.
- Bona Prime Intense – a waterborne primer for untreated wooden surfaces and for producing medium to the rich colouration of the wood.
- Bona Mega and Traffic Natural – A high-quality lacquer for all types of wood and for producing durable and hard-wearing protection.
- Junckers Strong Varnish – water-borne, polyurethane lacquer with hard-wearing properties and great durability.
- Junckers BasePrime Primer – a quick-drying primer for water-based and solvent-based lacquers.
- Junckers PreLak Primer – a fast-drying, water-based primer for water-based finishing products.
- Junckers HP Commercial – a hard-wearing, water-based polyurethane lacquer for commercial use.
- Loba WS Easy Prime – a polyurethane-acrylate waterborne primer, easy application, fast-drying.
- Loba WS Viva One-Component Lacquer – designed for solid wood and parquet floors.
- Loba WS Fusion Two-Component Lacquer – Designed for the treatment of busy and high-traffic areas, for commercial use.
Make sure to contact us on 020 70360624 whenever you have additional questions about the services we deliver and for requesting a free on-site inspection of your wooden floor.